Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Its You...AND Me Forever.......Sarah!!!!

I love Sarah Palin. Not in the way some of you might. I don’t love her like all of the “Huckabees” out there love her; for being a maverick. I don’t love her like some of the “Rushublicans” love her; for artificially rejuvenating the GOP for 3 weeks last fall. Hell, I don’t even love her like a teenage boy loves her; for being the new “naughty librarian” on all of the magazines for awhile.
I love her; because she makes me laugh. I have never seen anyone step to a podium and talk for so long and say so little, and yet give one hell of a sound-bite. Okay, so maybe Dub-ya gave a few good ones, but he was around for so long, and said so many stupid things that I became numb to it. But Sarah…oh Sarah, she was new! We had no idea what we were getting with her. And I’m guessing neither did John McCain.

I thought that once she derailed McCain’s bid for president that would be “all she wrote” for Sarah. There would be no more chances to tell us that she reads every newspaper that is ever put in front of her or that she sleeps with one eye open keeping an eye on Russia for us. The ride was over for her and me. But no, she wouldn’t go away that easy, she had more to say. In fact she had a lot more to say.

When she resigned as governor of Alaska, her resignation letter was printed in about every newspaper this side of Juneau (I’m sure she read all of them too). It was long, and incoherent, and had lots of exclamation points in it, and capitalized words for some reason. It was better suited for Twitter, than political office. The final word tally of her letter stretched 2,549 words and included 18 exclamation points. Sorry, let me try that again. The final word tally OF her letter stretched 2,549 words AND included 18 exclamation points!!! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist). 2,549 words just to say, “I quit.” Hell, I could have done it in one word. I’ll just throw my hands up and yell, “Done”. End of story. But not Sarah, she needed 2,549 words to quit as governor of a state that has roughly the same population as the city of Memphis, TN. Let me put this in some sort of historical perspective for you:

Palin’s resignation= 2,549 words and 18 exclamation points.

Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation= 719 words and not a single exclamation point.

Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence= 1,322 words, and again nary a single exclamation point.

So, Lincoln freed the slaves, and Jefferson wrote the document that birthed our country with less words combined than Sarah used to quit her job.

I know it seems like I’m hard on Sarah, but really I do love her. I hope she runs for president in 2012. I want more of her on my television and homepages. And apparently so do most registered Rushublicans, because when polled almost 70% them stated they would vote for her in 2012. A friend of mine says often that “20% shall rule them all”, meaning that 80% of most people are shlubs just walking through life serving the ruling 20%. Upon hearing that 70% of these people would vote for her as President of The United States, it only makes me believe that proverb even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment