Thursday, July 16, 2009

Holy crap you mean he gets to vote!

Well….I had intended to write about the eco babble coming from the left but I had an interesting conversation with a very misguided friend yesterday and being that the victors write history in their favor, I simply can’t resist.

Now my friend pretends not to be communist but his thoughts on how society SHOULD run and I emphasize should as whenever you hear that…you should be wary. We SHOULD give everyone universal health care…awesome how are we going to pay for it?
We SHOULD go towards a greener economy…great so that will be cheaper right?
We SHOULD get rid of nuclear weapons…ok so once we do everyone else will follow suit right? Si vis pacem para bellum my friends. The left…no that is not fair…the FAR left lives in a utopian dream world and they are not thinking of how things really are and they have no concept of how other people act or think. They are elitist in the purest sense of the word. They know what is best and will help you live a happy and productive life. Don’t worry your pretty head about that child everything will be alright. Bullshit! No it won’t and stop feeding me that nonsense. But I digress..

Now my friend let us call him Travis “Pol Pot” Gillespie or PP for short. He started talking about our economy and how capitalism has failed. So I thought really? It has failed? So what countries have the highest GNP I asked him. PP stated, “I don’t know”. A quick look at wiki or cia.gov shows all the top economies follow a capitalist model and btw China is now following Hong Kong’s example and is rapidly growing where once they had been stagnant for 40 years. Why is that I asked? PP not to be outdone nimbly changes topic about what our government is not doing for us. Like health care for all and free college education. So I ask who is paying for that? PP stated, “Tax big business to death.” Really? If you do that they will simply leave and take their business overseas. “Right” PP said, “Don’t let them and if they do we simply do not buy goods from them!” The crazed expression on his face and the froth coming from his mouth let me know, Holy sheep shit he is serious! He was so far removed from reality that there was no sense arguing with him. I mean if we were in the same forest we might find a middle ground but he wasn’t on the same planet. Holy crap, I mean what do you say?

I call him Pol Pot because lets face it that is some of the crazy shit. I mean that is the kind of stuff the Khmer Rouge believed in, move all of the people out of the cities and make them dirt farmers. Really, how is what PP states different? The boy isn’t just fucking nuts he is bouncing off the walls crazy and he votes! BTW everyone, he is otherwise an intelligent individual with multiple college degrees but he lives in a fairy land of happy dreams and butterflies and puppies tickling your nose.

That is the far left people they are not living in our reality. They dwell on how things should work and what we should do not thinking about long term consequences or as my poor misguided friend Pol Pot trying to remake society from the ground up. So we tax big business to death they leave and foreign investment ends I mean why would Honda build a plant over here if they can get a better deal in Canada? So we force them to stay, investors pull money from the stock market since corporate profits drop and start investing in foreign stock markets. The dollar goes into free fall we can’t pay our debts inflation goes through the roof and unemployment soars. Yea that is a great idea Pelosi ah I mean Pol Pot, sign me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment